The internet has opened the doors to a whole new world of opportunities for enterprising entrepreneurs who want to make a living online, and taking a few shortcuts will have you making a profit even faster in your home dropship business!
Time is of the essence for many “netpreneurs” who are starting and running a home business.
Most home business owners take care of every aspect of operations by themselves and consequently wear a lot of different hats. So, making every minute count is of paramount importance!
Save a little time with these shortcuts to success in an internet business:
- Use a free website design program. There are some great ones available online! Professional website designers spend a lot of time and a lot of money getting the right website design programs and learning all about how to use them. Face it, unless you are a wealthy home business owner, you probably can’t afford to hire one of these ultra snazzy design firms that produce the sophisticated websites for multi-million dollar corporations. So take advantage of one of the free sites that allow you to create a very professional looking website.
- Sometimes it is best to spend money by hiring a pro. You need the best content for your website that you can get. It should have effective SEO, as well. If you are not proficient at writing content and/or not good at SEO, then definitely hire someone to do this for you. This is not the area to cut corners and try to save a few bucks!
- Get started in social media marketing ASAP! Especially for a fledgling business, money may be in as short supply as time, so use the free marketing available from social sites and a business blog to drive traffic to your website. There are several free services and tools available on the internet for social media marketing that allow you to save considerable time by basically consolidating everything for you.
Success awaits anyone who is willing to put in the time and effort necessary to make it happen, whether it is an online dropshipping business or another ecommerce endeavor. Time is money, so saving time with shortcuts can help speed you on your way down the road to success!
A business blog can do wonders for building your brand and promoting your ecommerce dropship business, but many entrepreneurs are stymied for ideas to help drive traffic to their blog.
The fact is that the more traffic you can drum up to your blog, the better off you are!
After all, the whole idea is to use blogging as part of your social media marketing efforts, and you need people in order to be successful at this.
So, here are some tips for boosting traffic flow to your blog:
- This tip is simple, but effective: If you want to get traffic to your own blog, then make it a habit to post comments on other people’s blogs. Don’t choose just any old blogs to read and comment on, of course. You should comment on blogs that correlate in some way with your own ecommerce product or business.
- Use social bookmarking tools such as Digg or StumbleUpon to get a good stream of visitors to your blog. Being designed to help internet users share their favorite sites, if you get a lot of votes on Digg you might be promoted to the front page, which will reap you a lot of traffic!
- Don’t forget SEO for your blog. This is vitally important! The search engines regularly crawl blogs, so besides providing plenty of fresh content for Google and the other major search engines, make sure that your blog is using best SEO practices.
- Start a continuing series of interesting blog articles, something that will be of value to your targeted audience. By arranging these articles in a series, you can hopefully keep visitors coming back for more.
- Article marketing is yet another way to boost traffic to your blog. You can try submitting articles relevant to your industry on eZineArticles or Helium, and place a link to your blog either within each article or on your “About Me” page. If you use Helium for article marketing, you get the added bonus of making a bit of money, too!
Keeping a steady flow of traffic to your blog is a giant step toward building a thriving, profitable home dropshipping business or other ecommerce enterprise.
According to internet marketing analysts, having a blog for your ecommerce business is a great addition to your social media marketing efforts.
If you don’t yet have a business blog, but are eager to get started, here are some tips that may prove useful for establishing a blog that will help build your brand and grow your online dropshipping business or other ecommerce website:
- Check out the fantastic FREE blog platforms available to you on the World Wide Web. The following three blog platforms have much to offer a blogger. Plus they’re all extremely user friendly. You can set up your blog and start posting in a matter of minutes!
- Choose a name (web address) for your blog that incorporates the name of your online web store or product. For example, if the name of your ecommerce business is Better Ink Pens, then make the URL for your blog something like BetterInkPensBlog. You get the idea.
- Make sure to use images in your blog. Internet research has shown that viewers respond more favorably to blog posts with images, and that images do more to keep a reader engaged than a post without images.
- Choose pleasing colors, but nothing too busy or distracting. Human beings can most easily read a dark text on a light background, so bear that in mind. Don’t choose a font that is too fancy or off the wall because these tend to make your content hard to read.
- Don’t make your blog posts too lengthy! The average internet viewer only scans content instead of actually reading it. If you drone on too long, you will probably lose the attention of your readers and that will be that. If you have an exceptionally long piece to write, break it up into segments.
- To be successful in business blogging, you must provide fresh content on a regular and frequent basis. The search engines love fresh content, so make sure you have it for them! Getting noticed by the search engines is a must if you want to build your home dropship business or other ecommerce enterprise!
So, if you don’t have a blog for your business—get started without delay! It will be well worth the effort!
Twitter is one of the most popular social media sites, and can be immensely advantageous in helping you build your brand and promote your ecommerce business.
It’s hard to imagine that messages as short as the 140 characters you are allowed in Twitter tweets can actually do you much good, but the fact is that they can, and do, when you go about it the right way!
Here are some tips that will assist you in building your brand and developing brand loyalty:
- If you don’t already have a business logo, you should set about getting one that reflects the nature of your ecommerce business. Branding is much easier if you have a distinctive logo that people will remember over time and associate with your business. Use this logo on your Twitter profile! It gives you an easily recognizable brand, plus it lends authenticity to your presence on Twitter.
- Use some of the free tools available on the internet that will allow you to track the buzz about your brand. This is a great way to monitor your progress in building your brand, plus it furnishes an early warning if there is less than favorable talk about your business circulating on Twitter.
- Create and maintain a great profile on Twitter. Make it professional, yet friendly and approachable. Make it clear exactly what your business is all about. Be sure to have a link to your ecommerce website on your Twitter profile!
- To make your brand memorable, always be sure to post great tweets! Don’t be afraid to infuse some humor along the way. People respond favorably to things that make them smile! Also, make a giant effort to only tweet about things that are of value in some way to others. It might be something educational or entertaining, or an interesting tidbit that correlates somehow with your industry. The main thing is to not tweet just for the sake of tweeting. This is a good way to lose followers you want to keep.
With a little time and effort, you can use Twitter to build your brand and grow your online dropship business!
If you have dabbled in social media marketing with success, but would like to become an expert, what should you do?
First of all, regardless of how complicated and overwhelming the whole process of social media marketing might sound, it isn’t anything that can’t be mastered if you apply yourself and follow a few basic rules.
Even if you don’t become a Marketing Master and a true expert at social media, you can do well enough to reap rich dividends for your ecommerce business!
Here are some tips for mastering the mores of social media marketing:
- Regardless of how much you may think you’ve already learned about social media marketing, this educational process must be an ongoing thing. You should allot a certain amount of time at least every week to catching up on all the latest and greatest developments in the world of social media. If you want to stay on the cutting edge and keep pace with your competition, make it a point to continually add to your knowledge of social media marketing.
- Experiment! Don’t be afraid to try new techniques and strategies in social media marketing. It’s unrealistic to expect your marketing efforts to be perfection, because that won’t happen. But, only by striving for perfection and constantly trying to improve on your marketing skills and techniques will you be the very best you can be.
- Don’t be afraid or ashamed to ask for help or suggestions from true experts in the field of social media marketing. These people are all active on the major social sites such as Facebook and Twitter, so be sure to include them in those that you follow, and pick their brains for useful tidbits of advice that will help you in your own social media marketing efforts.
- Be actively involved in the social sites you join. You can’t sit on the sidelines, you need to get in on the action! Once you have been on a social site long enough to understand its own etiquette and rules for behavior, start making an effort to contribute something of value to the community on a frequent and regular basis. The more you do this, the better you will become at social media marketing. Remember, practice makes perfect!
Practice these unwritten rules for social media marketing to grow your home dropshipping business or other online endeavor, and you may find yourself a social media guru someday!
Twitter is an exceedingly effective social media marketing tool for your ecommerce business!
Here are 10 timely Twitter tips for social media marketing:
1. Use the free tools available online to help you locate Twitter users relevant to your business. One very useful free service is Twitter Search.
2. When you are asking others to retweet, be sure to leave a minimum of 15 characters free so that other people will have room in their 140 character limit tweet for a retweet, so that your original message doesn’t require being shortened.
3. Don’t try to spend all of your Twitter time in one lump sum. In other words, instead of working for 30 minutes straight exclusively in Twitter, break the time up into small increments throughout the day.
4. Use TwitterBar, which is a tool that will allow you to tweet right from the address in your internet browser. TwitterBar is free, but the developer does appreciate a donation.
5. If you want to get retweeted, contribute something of value! Tweet something that is interesting, informative, education and/or entertaining if you want others to retweet what you have to say.
6. If you want to build relationships with people who seem to value what you have to say, follow those who retweet your Twitter messages.
7. If you have a business blog, which hopefully you do, be sure to tweet one of your blog posts every day. You do want to be sure that it is a blog post worth sharing, of course.
8. If you want your tweets to be shared, just ask! Ask others to retweet your posts simply by saying “Please RT” at the end of your tweet. Again, same as the blog posts, make sure it’s something worthy of retweeting.
9. In order to manage your time spent in social media marketing wisely, use a service such as HootSuite if you have multiple Twitter accounts.
10. You need to know who is talking about you, and where, so set up a free service that will listen and keep an ear to the ground for any and all about your business. TweetBeep is one such free service that is great for a busy entrepreneur.
Using these 10 tips for Twitter marketing can help build your online dropship sales or other ecommerce ventures.
Did you know that there are two words that are so effective and so powerful they can help build and grow your ecommerce business?
It’s true. Two little words, if you use them, can do wonders to help you build a thriving, successful online business, as well as garner many loyal, repeat customers who will come back to your website over and over again to buy your products.
Those two little words are: Thank You.
It’s just that simple.
We seem to live in such a fast paced world that sometimes the common courtesies fall by the wayside. This may be particularly true on the World Wide Web, as sometimes we tend to forget the little civilities that come naturally in a face to face encounter.
However, saying “Thank you” is not something a savvy entrepreneur should ever overlook or forget!
A simple, sincere word of thanks goes a long way toward cementing a relationship between you and a customer. It’s a fundamental fact of life that human beings of all ages and both genders like to feel appreciated.
With the fierce competition that exists for a buyer’s business, you definitely should appreciate it when they choose to do business with you instead of one of your competitors, and you should certainly let them know that their business is appreciated!
When a customer makes a purchase from you, a word of thanks should be included in the order confirmation email.
Along with saying thanks, it is also a good idea to periodically show your repeat customers that you appreciate them by offering them a good promo such as half price shipping or a special sale.
You have absolutely nothing to lose by expressing your thanks and appreciation, and a great deal to gain.
Always remember one of the basic axioms of sales: People buy from those they like.
If you show your appreciation and express gratitude for a customer’s patronage, and then award some type of benefit as recognition of their repeat, continued business, you are taking a giant step toward having that customer like you.
So, don’t forget those two little words and let your online dropshipping business buyers know that you appreciate them to keep them coming back!
If you are like most ecommerce business people, you are always receptive to new services, tools and ideas that will help you streamline the running of your home business and accomplish more in less time, which is what Wibiya might do for you.
What is Wibiya?
Wibiya is a FREE web toolbar that has a lot of great functions!
For example, you can use Wibiya to integrate your Twitter and Facebook presence.
Or, you might use it to increase page views:
- Engage readers and raise page views with apps such as Latest Posts, Real Time Users, and More…
- Gain traffic from the social web
- Track your traffic growth through simple analytics tools
Wibiya may also be used to communicate with your readers.
- Broadcast messages, alerts and more to all your visitors in real time
- Share your latest tweets with your readers in real time
- Participate in live chat rooms with your audience
There are a lot of different Power Tools that you may use, too!
- Discover a growing range of applications to enrich your readers experience
- Full tracking and management system for each application and effectiveness to your website
- Add and remove applications in just one click
Wibiya has tons of apps that do all sorts of handy things:
- Live Notifications
- Photo Gallery
- Twitter Dashboard
- Facebook Fan Page
- Random Post
- Real Time Users
- Navigation Links
- Smart Share
- Content Timeline
- YouTube Video Gallery
- Facebook Recommendations
- Facebook Activity Feed
- Facebook Like Button
- Twitter Anywhere
- Google Buzz
Adding Wibiya will let you choose from a wide variety of tools and features, and it’s absolutely FREE.
Wibiya was started in 2008 in Israel, and is growing fast.
They welcome web developers and new apps!
In this hectic age, we all seem to have more to do every day than we have time to get done. So, having a free service such as Wibiya to help as a time saver makes running a home dropship business a little bit easier.
If you are like most ecommerce entrepreneurs, you are constantly seeking ways to improve your social media marketing efforts, and the new Google Moderator might just be an innovation you will want to get in on!
What is Google Moderator?
Here it is, straight from the Google website:
- Let your audience decide. Get to know your audience by letting them decide which questions, suggestions or ideas interest them most.
- Everyone’s voice is heard. The voting box at the top of page focuses attention on submissions recently added and on the rise, making it simple and easy to participate.
- Be creative. Include people in your preparation for lectures, interviews and hard decisions or work together to organize feature requests and brainstorm new ideas.
So, what does this mean for you and any future YouTube videos you make?
Basically, it gives you something that is golden right now in the virtual world of the internet: the ability to allow users to interact! Internet research has shown that online users have a strong desire to interact.
The Google Moderator gives them this option of interactivity. From the YouTube blog:
“YouTube is about starting a conversation. Every day, hundreds of millions of videos spark dialogues on everything from the future of the African continent, to what should be done about the oil spill to the best slam dunk of all time. But until now, it’s been difficult to harness those free-flowing discussions.
That’s why, starting today, we’ve integrated the ability to use Google Moderator into every single YouTube channel. Moderator is a versatile, social platform that allows you to solicit ideas or questions on any topic, and have the community vote the best ones up to the top in real-time. We previously used Google Moderator as part of our interviews with President Obama and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper.”
This YouTube video will give you a great understanding of what the Google Moderator does and how to use it:
One of the prime rules for success is to always give the people what they want. Internet users want to interact, so use Google Moderator with your next YouTube video for your online dropship website or other internet business and you’ll be giving your potential customers what they want!