If you are an ecommerce entrepreneur with an online dropshipping business or other internet enterprise, you may have invested time in social media marketing but failed to get the results you hoped for, and consequently are ready to throw in the towel and forget social media as a way to build your business.
Don’t be too hasty!
There are reasons why your social media strategy might not have been successful so far, and fixes for these failures/
Here are 5 reasons why some marketers are not successful with social media marketing:
1. Targeting the wrong demographic: This is a fairly common mistake made by a lot of entrepreneurs. There are quite a few popular social sites, but they are not all created equal in terms of having members who represent your ideal target market. For example, Bebo is comprised mainly of young people. If you are selling a product geared for a more mature consumer, investing time in social marketing here is a bad move.
2. Failure to use good SEO: Search Engine Optimization is crucial, and this rule applies to social media marketing as well as your ecommerce website. You should make sure to use best SEO practices on your Twitter profile, your Facebook page, LinkedIn or any other social site you are using for marketing.
3. Your content and contributions were substandard: To be successful with social media marketing, you must engage with your audience. And this requires you to be engaging with fresh, interesting content. You can’t just login and blab out any old thing just for the sake of putting in an appearance on the social site and expect to get good results. Create rich, compelling content and it will pay off for you!
4. You came across as shady and untrustworthy: If you plaster your website with ads and shady looking links, most people will hit the back button. In order to optimize your social media marketing efforts, your website should be professional looking and display trust and security symbols prominently.
5. You spread yourself too thin: This is another fairly common area of failure for social media marketers. Trying to cover too many bases and engage in marketing campaigns at too many sites is never a good idea. Basically, unless you are willing to work 20 hours a day at it, you are setting yourself up to fail. It’s better to choose one or two social sites and focus on them than to skip and hop around from one to another, not doing a good job on any of them.
If your social networking hasn’t been up to your expectations, you might be able to recognize what you’re doing wrong and fix it!
Facebook has over 500 million users and is still growing at an extremely fast rate as people all over the world become members of this popular social site, and is an excellent platform for your social media marketing efforts!
There are several great ways to leverage the power of Facebook to build your brand and promote your home dropshipping business.
Here are some suggestions as to how you can use Facebook effectively to grow your online business:
Have a Facebook Fan Page: This is one of the easiest and most effective means of using Facebook for social media marketing! You can get really creative with your Fan page, and be sure to use good SEO because this will help your Fan page get picked up by the search engines.
Use Payvment to sell your products on Facebook: Payvment is a fantastic FREE way to increase your online sales! It couldn’t be any easier to set up and run, and with 500 million potential customers, the traffic is certainly there for you.
Be sure to include links: Take advantage of your Facebook presence to link to your website and blog, and vice versa. This will help tremendously in creating a flow of fresh traffic for you.
Have a contest or promotion: This is a great way to put your Facebook Fan Page to good use! There are very few people who don’t like a freebie or contest, and you can generate a lot of good PR plus boost traffic to your online store.
According to a recent study by ComScore, Facebook accounts for more than 40% of the total social media traffic.
Bear in mind that many social media analysts predict this percentage to increase, and you can easily see why your business needs to be there.
Facebook is focusing more and more on ecommerce, and the integration of ecommerce and social media is basically a done deal that will continue to grow as time goes on.
If you aren’t already using Facebook as part of your social media marketing tools, don’t waste any more time!
While there is no doubt whatsoever that you should be leveraging the awesome power of social media, you probably are challenged about finding the time to fit your marketing efforts into a busy day crammed with numerous other things that need to be done.
Here are 5 steps that will help you streamline your social media marketing efforts:
1. Make the most of your multimedia: If you have images and videos for your online business, which hopefully you do, don’t overlook any opportunity to incorporate these things into your social media presence. For example, imbed your videos into your blog and on Facebook using the YouTube Box. You can also feed images from Flickr into your Facebook using the My Flickr app.
2. Save time by feeding a post into multiple social channels by using Ping.fm. It’s free and it is a huge timesaver for you!
3. Get your blog posts out there to reach more people by using a feed burner such as Feedburner.com. This is a 100% free service and will work wonders to maximize your blog! Feed your blog to your Facebook page and other social sites when possible. Twitter, with its 140 character limit, is not an ideal platform for your average blog posts, but you can practice some micro-blogging.
4. Maximize your social web presence by integrating your social media tools. For instance, if you plan on hosting a free webinar, use Facebook’s application that will allow you to post your social event calendar. How you integrate and which tools and apps you will use depends on your niche to some extent, but if you look around through the existing apps on your social sites, you will find some that are useful for your business.
5. Use one of the free services available online to help get the stats on your social media marketing ROI, or Return on Investment. There are a slew of these services to be had, and Google Analytics is one of the best!
These 5 simple steps will enable you to streamline your social media marketing efforts!
If you have a home dropshipping business or other ecommerce enterprise, you should think about using one or more of the free tools available online to monitor your internet reputation.
As the old saying goes: Bad news travels like wildfire, good news travels slow.
Rest assured that at some point, people will be talking about your business and/or products online. It is vital that you keep an ear to the ground to hear what is being said—the good, the bad and the ugly.
By staying abreast of the current buzz about your business, you can practice a lot of damage control if necessary, as well as get in some great public relations by demonstrating that you do listen to what your customers are saying about you and that you are responsive to whatever is being said.
Even if there is a complaint about your business or product, by addressing the matter promptly and taking the necessary steps to solve the problem for a customer, others will see that you are trustworthy.
Being trustworthy is a big part of the battle in internet transactions!
Here are two FREE tools that will help you to monitor your online reputation:
- Social Mention: From the website: “Social Mention is a social media search and analysis platform that aggregates user generated content from across the universe into a single stream of information. It allows you to easily track and measure what people are saying about you, your company, a new product, or any topic across the web’s social media landscape in real-time. Social Mention monitors 100+ social media properties directly including: Twitter, Facebook, FriendFeed, YouTube, Digg, Google etc.”
- Addict-o-matic: This handy tool allows you to keep up with what is being said about you, plus gives you the buzz on everybody else! It’s a great way to monitor your own online reputation as well as see what is being said about the competition, and also keep up with the hottest topics online.
These free tools will be invaluable to you when it comes to keeping a close eye on your online reputation!
While social media marketing is actually a slow process that requires time, patience, persistence, commitment and diligence over the long haul, it is gratifying to know that there are a few things you can do that will bring you some fast ROI, or Return On Investment.
Here are some tips for social media marketing strategies geared toward fast results in terms of increased traffic and sales:
- If you don’t already have a blog for your ecommerce business—don’t put it off another day! Get a blog set up and begin posting entertaining, interesting, informative articles that will generate some buzz and interest within your niche. Make your blog posts share worthy and the rest will take care of itself. As more people share and pass along your blog articles, you will see an immediate increase in traffic to your website.
- If you have not already signed up for one of the free services available on the World Wide Web that help you streamline and integrate your social media presence across all platforms you are using—do it now! One very handy service is Ping.fm. Check it out and save yourself a lot of time and hassle, plus boost your exposure so that you get results soonest!
- Don’t ignore your audience! Be it a business blog, your Facebook Fan page or Wall, a Twitter tweet or whatever—never ignore people who reach out to you. If someone posts a comment on your blog, or asks a question; be sure to reply as promptly as possible. For one thing, if this person is a potential customer, what impression do you think it will make if you simply ignore them? Wouldn’t they have reason to be skeptical of your customer service if they did business with you? Sure they would! So, always reply when someone “speaks” to you online!
These three little things can help net you instant gratification with social media marketing by boosting traffic and sales!
If you have dabbled in social media marketing with success, but would like to become an expert, what should you do?
First of all, regardless of how complicated and overwhelming the whole process of social media marketing might sound, it isn’t anything that can’t be mastered if you apply yourself and follow a few basic rules.
Even if you don’t become a Marketing Master and a true expert at social media, you can do well enough to reap rich dividends for your ecommerce business!
Here are some tips for mastering the mores of social media marketing:
- Regardless of how much you may think you’ve already learned about social media marketing, this educational process must be an ongoing thing. You should allot a certain amount of time at least every week to catching up on all the latest and greatest developments in the world of social media. If you want to stay on the cutting edge and keep pace with your competition, make it a point to continually add to your knowledge of social media marketing.
- Experiment! Don’t be afraid to try new techniques and strategies in social media marketing. It’s unrealistic to expect your marketing efforts to be perfection, because that won’t happen. But, only by striving for perfection and constantly trying to improve on your marketing skills and techniques will you be the very best you can be.
- Don’t be afraid or ashamed to ask for help or suggestions from true experts in the field of social media marketing. These people are all active on the major social sites such as Facebook and Twitter, so be sure to include them in those that you follow, and pick their brains for useful tidbits of advice that will help you in your own social media marketing efforts.
- Be actively involved in the social sites you join. You can’t sit on the sidelines, you need to get in on the action! Once you have been on a social site long enough to understand its own etiquette and rules for behavior, start making an effort to contribute something of value to the community on a frequent and regular basis. The more you do this, the better you will become at social media marketing. Remember, practice makes perfect!
Practice these unwritten rules for social media marketing to grow your home dropshipping business or other online endeavor, and you may find yourself a social media guru someday!
If you are like most ecommerce business people, you are always receptive to new services, tools and ideas that will help you streamline the running of your home business and accomplish more in less time, which is what Wibiya might do for you.
What is Wibiya?
Wibiya is a FREE web toolbar that has a lot of great functions!
For example, you can use Wibiya to integrate your Twitter and Facebook presence.
Or, you might use it to increase page views:
- Engage readers and raise page views with apps such as Latest Posts, Real Time Users, and More…
- Gain traffic from the social web
- Track your traffic growth through simple analytics tools
Wibiya may also be used to communicate with your readers.
- Broadcast messages, alerts and more to all your visitors in real time
- Share your latest tweets with your readers in real time
- Participate in live chat rooms with your audience
There are a lot of different Power Tools that you may use, too!
- Discover a growing range of applications to enrich your readers experience
- Full tracking and management system for each application and effectiveness to your website
- Add and remove applications in just one click
Wibiya has tons of apps that do all sorts of handy things:
- Live Notifications
- Photo Gallery
- Twitter Dashboard
- Facebook Fan Page
- Random Post
- Real Time Users
- Navigation Links
- Smart Share
- Content Timeline
- YouTube Video Gallery
- Facebook Recommendations
- Facebook Activity Feed
- Facebook Like Button
- Twitter Anywhere
- Google Buzz
Adding Wibiya will let you choose from a wide variety of tools and features, and it’s absolutely FREE.
Wibiya was started in 2008 in Israel, and is growing fast.
They welcome web developers and new apps!
In this hectic age, we all seem to have more to do every day than we have time to get done. So, having a free service such as Wibiya to help as a time saver makes running a home dropship business a little bit easier.
Social Media Optimization, or SMO, and Search Engine Optimization, or SEO; are a match made in ecommerce heaven and can do wonders to promote your online dropshipping business!
With Social Media optimization, you virtually promote your business, build your brand, make yourself visible and generate buzz about your website that will supply a steady stream of fresh traffic—all without any active promotion!
We’re all familiar with SEO, but every ecommerce entrepreneur should familiarize themselves with integrating SEO with Social Media Optimization.
According to the results of a recent Nielsen study, social media sites such as blogs, and social networks now account for 18% of where searches begin, outperforming sites that are dedicated to publishing information specifically to help individuals find deeper analysis and details.
This is a trend that is gaining momentum by leaps and bounds; as Nielsen observes, “Social Media is becoming a core product research channel.”
At the core of any successful Social Media Optimization campaign are social objects.
Social objects are the content that is created in social media,
This includes images, videos, blog posts, comments, status updates, wall posts on Facebook, Twitter tweets and all other social activity that ignites a spark for online socializing and conversation.
Understanding social objects and how they function, as well as how you can integrate SEO with these social objects, is one of the most important things about a good Social Media Optimization program for your dropship business.
To connect social media and social objects, there are five basic areas you need to focus on:
1. Titles: When using SMO with SEO, don’t try to come up with an attention grabbing title so much as one that contains the keywords that match the search patterns of the people you hope to reach.
2. Keywords: When choosing keywords for social objects, bear in mind that they may not be what you would expect. So use Google Adwords for some ideas.
3. When you are writing descriptions for social objects, make sure that your copy includes a minimum of three keywords related to your business and targeted viewers.
4. Tags: These are keywords that serve to group and organize your social objects within the social network you are using.
5. Links: Just as in SEO, links help drive traffic to your social objects and help boost your ranking in search results.
Social Media Optimization and Search Engine Optimization go together like peanut butter and jelly, so make the most of this combination to help grow your ecommerce dropshipping business!
Start your own online dropship business today!
Is your social media marketing campaign working for you, or is it more in the nature of a kamikaze mission?
Social media marketing on sites such as Twitter and Facebook can do wonders for your online business IF you use them correctly.
However, if you are making major mistakes in your social media campaigns, you might be on the fast track to the ecommerce graveyard!
Here are some common mistakes that you don’t want to make in social media marketing:
- Too Many Advertisements. This is a huge no-no! Internet users in general and social site members in particular find pop-up and flashing ads extremely annoying. Ditto for too many ads of any kind! If you have any sly thoughts about disguising your ads as regular content—forget it! Web folks are savvy to that sort of subterfuge and you will find yourself a social site pariah in nothing flat by using those tricky techniques.
- Spamming. Never, ever spam! Don’t send blanket messages to every one of your followers or people on your Friends list, either, or this can be considered spammy behavior. Only send messages where they are relevant. Every one of your followers may not be interested in the same things, so try to keep your messages pertinent to the recipients.
- No option to share. Make it as easy as possible for your content to be shared. On Twitter, for example, you can ask for your message to be shared by including “Please RT,” which translates to “Please retweet.” The best and fastest way to get your content passed along is to make it easy and painless for readers!
- Being selfish. Don’t just share your own content! Pass along any message or post by other users that is interesting, entertaining and/or informative to others.
- Only using one social site. You don’t want to spread yourself too thin and wind up not doing a good job of marketing at any site, but it doesn’t pay to put all of your eggs into one basket, either. Try several of the most popular social sites, and then narrow it down to two or three that work best for you.
Don’t make mistakes that amount to social media marketing suicide!
Start your own online dropship business today!
Even though you are aware of the importance of social media in today’s ecommerce, if you are like most entrepreneurs, you wear a lot of hats and need to optimize the time you spend on social media marketing.
Here are 10 timely tips to help you improve your social media productivity:
1. Take advantage of some of the simple yet effective FREE tools available online to maximize the time you spend on social media marketing. Here is an article with links to some great free tools:
2. Maximize your messages! When it comes to Twitter, especially, with its 140 character limit for tweets—you must choose your words and your messages wisely! So, pack as much of a punch as you possibly can into the messages you send and really make each one count! Think quality rather than quantity!
3. Be choosy about the company you keep. There is no point whatsoever in trying to form close relationships with everybody on every social site you frequent. Instead, focus on the members who offer the most value.
4. Try all of the most popular social sites such as Facebook, Twitter and MySpace, then experiment to see which ones give you the most bang for your buck, so to speak. Once you’ve narrowed it down to two or three—concentrate on those and forget the others.
5. Have a blog. This is probably one of the most important and effective things you can do for your ecommerce business! Blogs are part and parcel of the whole social media scene, and if you do it right, you can build up quite a following of readers. Don’t try to make your blog all about your business!
6. Organize and schedule the time you spend on social media. Otherwise, it can take over your life the way Kudzu vine has swallowed up the entire South if you let it. Allocate X amount of minutes or hours at specified times, and stick to your schedule.
7. Don’t waste time on duplicate effort! There are free tools available that allow you to post across several social sites simultaneously. This saves a lot of time!
8. Use batch processing! If you can set aside even a couple of hours a week to devote to one aspect of social media marketing, it can be a big help in maximizing your efforts. For instance, if you have a business blog, take2-3 hours every week and write blog posts, or just research material for blog posts so that you will have a clear idea of what you’re going to write before you start, which is a huge timesaver. One trick many bloggers use is to take their laptops somewhere nice and comfy—offline—where they can write with no distractions.
9. Use an RSS feeder for reading blogs and articles that help keep you up-to-date on current events and trends, things you need to know about for social media marketing. Trying to plow through them one-by-one is a lengthy and time consuming process.
10. Use a filter such as PostRank to help you weed out the blogs and articles you don’t want to keep up with, and keep the rest in order of importance.
The time you spend on social media marketing will pay you back with dividends, especially if you use that time wisely!
Start your own online dropship business today!