If you are an ecommerce entrepreneur with an online dropshipping business or other internet enterprise, you may have invested time in social media marketing but failed to get the results you hoped for, and consequently are ready to throw in the towel and forget social media as a way to build your business.
Don’t be too hasty!
There are reasons why your social media strategy might not have been successful so far, and fixes for these failures/
Here are 5 reasons why some marketers are not successful with social media marketing:
1. Targeting the wrong demographic: This is a fairly common mistake made by a lot of entrepreneurs. There are quite a few popular social sites, but they are not all created equal in terms of having members who represent your ideal target market. For example, Bebo is comprised mainly of young people. If you are selling a product geared for a more mature consumer, investing time in social marketing here is a bad move.
2. Failure to use good SEO: Search Engine Optimization is crucial, and this rule applies to social media marketing as well as your ecommerce website. You should make sure to use best SEO practices on your Twitter profile, your Facebook page, LinkedIn or any other social site you are using for marketing.
3. Your content and contributions were substandard: To be successful with social media marketing, you must engage with your audience. And this requires you to be engaging with fresh, interesting content. You can’t just login and blab out any old thing just for the sake of putting in an appearance on the social site and expect to get good results. Create rich, compelling content and it will pay off for you!
4. You came across as shady and untrustworthy: If you plaster your website with ads and shady looking links, most people will hit the back button. In order to optimize your social media marketing efforts, your website should be professional looking and display trust and security symbols prominently.
5. You spread yourself too thin: This is another fairly common area of failure for social media marketers. Trying to cover too many bases and engage in marketing campaigns at too many sites is never a good idea. Basically, unless you are willing to work 20 hours a day at it, you are setting yourself up to fail. It’s better to choose one or two social sites and focus on them than to skip and hop around from one to another, not doing a good job on any of them.
If your social networking hasn’t been up to your expectations, you might be able to recognize what you’re doing wrong and fix it!
While there is no doubt whatsoever that you should be leveraging the awesome power of social media, you probably are challenged about finding the time to fit your marketing efforts into a busy day crammed with numerous other things that need to be done.
Here are 5 steps that will help you streamline your social media marketing efforts:
1. Make the most of your multimedia: If you have images and videos for your online business, which hopefully you do, don’t overlook any opportunity to incorporate these things into your social media presence. For example, imbed your videos into your blog and on Facebook using the YouTube Box. You can also feed images from Flickr into your Facebook using the My Flickr app.
2. Save time by feeding a post into multiple social channels by using Ping.fm. It’s free and it is a huge timesaver for you!
3. Get your blog posts out there to reach more people by using a feed burner such as Feedburner.com. This is a 100% free service and will work wonders to maximize your blog! Feed your blog to your Facebook page and other social sites when possible. Twitter, with its 140 character limit, is not an ideal platform for your average blog posts, but you can practice some micro-blogging.
4. Maximize your social web presence by integrating your social media tools. For instance, if you plan on hosting a free webinar, use Facebook’s application that will allow you to post your social event calendar. How you integrate and which tools and apps you will use depends on your niche to some extent, but if you look around through the existing apps on your social sites, you will find some that are useful for your business.
5. Use one of the free services available online to help get the stats on your social media marketing ROI, or Return on Investment. There are a slew of these services to be had, and Google Analytics is one of the best!
These 5 simple steps will enable you to streamline your social media marketing efforts!
If you have a home dropshipping business or other ecommerce enterprise, you should think about using one or more of the free tools available online to monitor your internet reputation.
As the old saying goes: Bad news travels like wildfire, good news travels slow.
Rest assured that at some point, people will be talking about your business and/or products online. It is vital that you keep an ear to the ground to hear what is being said—the good, the bad and the ugly.
By staying abreast of the current buzz about your business, you can practice a lot of damage control if necessary, as well as get in some great public relations by demonstrating that you do listen to what your customers are saying about you and that you are responsive to whatever is being said.
Even if there is a complaint about your business or product, by addressing the matter promptly and taking the necessary steps to solve the problem for a customer, others will see that you are trustworthy.
Being trustworthy is a big part of the battle in internet transactions!
Here are two FREE tools that will help you to monitor your online reputation:
- Social Mention: From the website: “Social Mention is a social media search and analysis platform that aggregates user generated content from across the universe into a single stream of information. It allows you to easily track and measure what people are saying about you, your company, a new product, or any topic across the web’s social media landscape in real-time. Social Mention monitors 100+ social media properties directly including: Twitter, Facebook, FriendFeed, YouTube, Digg, Google etc.”
- Addict-o-matic: This handy tool allows you to keep up with what is being said about you, plus gives you the buzz on everybody else! It’s a great way to monitor your own online reputation as well as see what is being said about the competition, and also keep up with the hottest topics online.
These free tools will be invaluable to you when it comes to keeping a close eye on your online reputation!
While social media marketing is actually a slow process that requires time, patience, persistence, commitment and diligence over the long haul, it is gratifying to know that there are a few things you can do that will bring you some fast ROI, or Return On Investment.
Here are some tips for social media marketing strategies geared toward fast results in terms of increased traffic and sales:
- If you don’t already have a blog for your ecommerce business—don’t put it off another day! Get a blog set up and begin posting entertaining, interesting, informative articles that will generate some buzz and interest within your niche. Make your blog posts share worthy and the rest will take care of itself. As more people share and pass along your blog articles, you will see an immediate increase in traffic to your website.
- If you have not already signed up for one of the free services available on the World Wide Web that help you streamline and integrate your social media presence across all platforms you are using—do it now! One very handy service is Ping.fm. Check it out and save yourself a lot of time and hassle, plus boost your exposure so that you get results soonest!
- Don’t ignore your audience! Be it a business blog, your Facebook Fan page or Wall, a Twitter tweet or whatever—never ignore people who reach out to you. If someone posts a comment on your blog, or asks a question; be sure to reply as promptly as possible. For one thing, if this person is a potential customer, what impression do you think it will make if you simply ignore them? Wouldn’t they have reason to be skeptical of your customer service if they did business with you? Sure they would! So, always reply when someone “speaks” to you online!
These three little things can help net you instant gratification with social media marketing by boosting traffic and sales!
Twitter is one of the most popular social media sites, and can be immensely advantageous in helping you build your brand and promote your ecommerce business.
It’s hard to imagine that messages as short as the 140 characters you are allowed in Twitter tweets can actually do you much good, but the fact is that they can, and do, when you go about it the right way!
Here are some tips that will assist you in building your brand and developing brand loyalty:
- If you don’t already have a business logo, you should set about getting one that reflects the nature of your ecommerce business. Branding is much easier if you have a distinctive logo that people will remember over time and associate with your business. Use this logo on your Twitter profile! It gives you an easily recognizable brand, plus it lends authenticity to your presence on Twitter.
- Use some of the free tools available on the internet that will allow you to track the buzz about your brand. This is a great way to monitor your progress in building your brand, plus it furnishes an early warning if there is less than favorable talk about your business circulating on Twitter.
- Create and maintain a great profile on Twitter. Make it professional, yet friendly and approachable. Make it clear exactly what your business is all about. Be sure to have a link to your ecommerce website on your Twitter profile!
- To make your brand memorable, always be sure to post great tweets! Don’t be afraid to infuse some humor along the way. People respond favorably to things that make them smile! Also, make a giant effort to only tweet about things that are of value in some way to others. It might be something educational or entertaining, or an interesting tidbit that correlates somehow with your industry. The main thing is to not tweet just for the sake of tweeting. This is a good way to lose followers you want to keep.
With a little time and effort, you can use Twitter to build your brand and grow your online dropship business!
If you have dabbled in social media marketing with success, but would like to become an expert, what should you do?
First of all, regardless of how complicated and overwhelming the whole process of social media marketing might sound, it isn’t anything that can’t be mastered if you apply yourself and follow a few basic rules.
Even if you don’t become a Marketing Master and a true expert at social media, you can do well enough to reap rich dividends for your ecommerce business!
Here are some tips for mastering the mores of social media marketing:
- Regardless of how much you may think you’ve already learned about social media marketing, this educational process must be an ongoing thing. You should allot a certain amount of time at least every week to catching up on all the latest and greatest developments in the world of social media. If you want to stay on the cutting edge and keep pace with your competition, make it a point to continually add to your knowledge of social media marketing.
- Experiment! Don’t be afraid to try new techniques and strategies in social media marketing. It’s unrealistic to expect your marketing efforts to be perfection, because that won’t happen. But, only by striving for perfection and constantly trying to improve on your marketing skills and techniques will you be the very best you can be.
- Don’t be afraid or ashamed to ask for help or suggestions from true experts in the field of social media marketing. These people are all active on the major social sites such as Facebook and Twitter, so be sure to include them in those that you follow, and pick their brains for useful tidbits of advice that will help you in your own social media marketing efforts.
- Be actively involved in the social sites you join. You can’t sit on the sidelines, you need to get in on the action! Once you have been on a social site long enough to understand its own etiquette and rules for behavior, start making an effort to contribute something of value to the community on a frequent and regular basis. The more you do this, the better you will become at social media marketing. Remember, practice makes perfect!
Practice these unwritten rules for social media marketing to grow your home dropshipping business or other online endeavor, and you may find yourself a social media guru someday!
Twitter is an exceedingly effective social media marketing tool for your ecommerce business!
Here are 10 timely Twitter tips for social media marketing:
1. Use the free tools available online to help you locate Twitter users relevant to your business. One very useful free service is Twitter Search.
2. When you are asking others to retweet, be sure to leave a minimum of 15 characters free so that other people will have room in their 140 character limit tweet for a retweet, so that your original message doesn’t require being shortened.
3. Don’t try to spend all of your Twitter time in one lump sum. In other words, instead of working for 30 minutes straight exclusively in Twitter, break the time up into small increments throughout the day.
4. Use TwitterBar, which is a tool that will allow you to tweet right from the address in your internet browser. TwitterBar is free, but the developer does appreciate a donation.
5. If you want to get retweeted, contribute something of value! Tweet something that is interesting, informative, education and/or entertaining if you want others to retweet what you have to say.
6. If you want to build relationships with people who seem to value what you have to say, follow those who retweet your Twitter messages.
7. If you have a business blog, which hopefully you do, be sure to tweet one of your blog posts every day. You do want to be sure that it is a blog post worth sharing, of course.
8. If you want your tweets to be shared, just ask! Ask others to retweet your posts simply by saying “Please RT” at the end of your tweet. Again, same as the blog posts, make sure it’s something worthy of retweeting.
9. In order to manage your time spent in social media marketing wisely, use a service such as HootSuite if you have multiple Twitter accounts.
10. You need to know who is talking about you, and where, so set up a free service that will listen and keep an ear to the ground for any and all about your business. TweetBeep is one such free service that is great for a busy entrepreneur.
Using these 10 tips for Twitter marketing can help build your online dropship sales or other ecommerce ventures.
If you are like most ecommerce business people, you are always receptive to new services, tools and ideas that will help you streamline the running of your home business and accomplish more in less time, which is what Wibiya might do for you.
What is Wibiya?
Wibiya is a FREE web toolbar that has a lot of great functions!
For example, you can use Wibiya to integrate your Twitter and Facebook presence.
Or, you might use it to increase page views:
- Engage readers and raise page views with apps such as Latest Posts, Real Time Users, and More…
- Gain traffic from the social web
- Track your traffic growth through simple analytics tools
Wibiya may also be used to communicate with your readers.
- Broadcast messages, alerts and more to all your visitors in real time
- Share your latest tweets with your readers in real time
- Participate in live chat rooms with your audience
There are a lot of different Power Tools that you may use, too!
- Discover a growing range of applications to enrich your readers experience
- Full tracking and management system for each application and effectiveness to your website
- Add and remove applications in just one click
Wibiya has tons of apps that do all sorts of handy things:
- Live Notifications
- Photo Gallery
- Twitter Dashboard
- Facebook Fan Page
- Random Post
- Real Time Users
- Navigation Links
- Smart Share
- Content Timeline
- YouTube Video Gallery
- Facebook Recommendations
- Facebook Activity Feed
- Facebook Like Button
- Twitter Anywhere
- Google Buzz
Adding Wibiya will let you choose from a wide variety of tools and features, and it’s absolutely FREE.
Wibiya was started in 2008 in Israel, and is growing fast.
They welcome web developers and new apps!
In this hectic age, we all seem to have more to do every day than we have time to get done. So, having a free service such as Wibiya to help as a time saver makes running a home dropship business a little bit easier.
Check out this site: http://vogtlandsuspension.blogspot.com/
If you are taking advantage of social media marketing, wouldn’t it help to know how well you’re doing on Twitter?
Twitalyzer can give you the lowdown on how you’re doing on Twitter!
What is Twitalyzer?
In their own words, from the website:
“Twitalyzer is a unique tool to evaluate the activity of any Twitter user and report on relative influence, signal-to-noise ratio, generosity, velocity, clout, and other useful measures of success in social media.”
As of February 22, 2010, Twitalyzer LLC is part of Tweetmeme’s new Follow Button.
”Twitalyzer was the only solution we considered to provide Twitter user behavioural data,” says Nick Halstead, CEO of TweetMeme. “While primarily a business application, Twitalyzer gives a unique and fascinating view into how millions of people use Twitter, which makes them a perfect integration partner for our Twitter Follow Button.”
Wow! Shouldn’t you be using this to measure your impact on Twitter?
Impact, as defined by Twitalyzer, is a combination of these factors:
- The number of followers a user has
- The number of unique references and citations of the user in Twitter
- The frequency at which the user is uniquely retweeted
- The frequency at which the user is uniquely retweeting other people
- The relative frequency at which the user posts updates
The Twitalyzer dashboard has nine completely unique reports not to be found anywhere else, such as:
Integrated Click Tracking: For those businesses and organizations using bit.ly and j.mp for URL shortening, Twitalyzer provides click counts for those links as part of the Twitalyzer dashboard.
Set and Work Towards Goals: Twitalyzer is unique in allowing users to establish goals for their use of Twitter and presenting those goals both in the Twitalyzer Dashboard and also the Trends report.
Integration with Google Analytics: Twitter is a means to an end, which is generating revenue, gathering leads, or driving visitor engagement on your web site. Twitalyzer is integrated with Google Analytics to bridge the gap between Social Media and your investment in the online channel.
Add Notes and Annotation: Twitter is a fast-paced medium and it’s easy to forget what changed. The notes and annotation feature allows Twitalyzer Dashboard users to add context to their trend reports and evaluate their success against changes in strategy, plan, or execution.
Rich Sentiment Analysis: Businesses and brands spend a lot of time monitoring the conversation for detractors and negative commentary. The Twitalyzer Dashboard Sentiment report makes this job a whole lot easier by highlighting positive and negative sentiment Tweets in a fully configurable model.
Easy to Read Summary Metrics: Twitalyzer was built by a team of web analytics professionals with nearly a decade of experience in data presentation and visualization.
Powerful Interactive Charts and Graphs: Twitalyzer users spend a lot of time evaluating their success in Social Media, and to make them more successful there is powerful charting and graphing tools designed to accelerate time to insight.
There are even more features, but you can learn more about Twitalyzer from this video:
Believe it or not, Twitalyzer is 100% completely FREE! This can be an invaluable tool for enterprising entrepreneurs who want to track their social media marketing efforts with Twitter!
Start your own online dropship business today!